- Download RecycleNOW, a 20KB no-install executable which only goal is to empty the Recycle Bin.
- Extract the archive where you want, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\RecycleNow\
- Click Windows button and type taskschd.msc.
- Click on Action > Create Basic Task. Give it a name and a description, then click Next.
- Choose when you’d like to empty the Recycle Bin and click Next. I recommend to choose “Daily” and then choose “every X days”.
- Select Start a program, then click Next.
- Browse the computer and select RecycleNOW.exe.
- Click Next and Finish.
The task is now complete and it will run automatically according to the settings you chose. Now you don’t need to worry about emptying the Recycle Bin anymore.
If you would like to remove the Recycle Bin icon from desktop:
- Right click your desktop and select Personalize.
- (Windows 10) Select Themes and click “Desktop icon settings“.
- (Windows 7) Click “Change desktop icons“.
- Unselect the Recycle Bin.