- Download and run this .reg file.
- Right click an image of your computer and select Open with -> Choose another app.
- In the little window click on More apps.
- Scroll down and you should find Windows Photo Viewer from the list.
- (optional) If you want to set Windows Photo Viewer as default, just check “Always use this app to open .*** files“. Repeat from 2 to 5 for all image extension you would like to open with Windows Photo Viewer. Image extensions usually are bmp, jpg, jpeg and png. I recommend to keep .gif images to be opened with Photos app since it supports animations.
Leave a reply